Applications are closed.
If you’d like to get in touch, please email email@example.com.
In response to the coronavirus layoffs, we’re offering a training and mentorship initiative (for free!) led by experienced digital media strategists to help people new to digital media build essential skills to become successful candidates for copywriting and digital content-related roles.
If you’re …
- new to digital media
- unemployed due to COVID-19 measures
- interested in starting to work in digital media
Learn how to apply to the Digital Media Bootcamp below.
Monday, April 13th – Friday, April 24th
Mon/Wed/Fri for two weeks. Total of 6 live, hands-on, 1-hour training sessions via video conferencing.
You’ll learn about content types, the content lifecycle, roles, tools, setting content goals, and creating content plans.
You’ll be guided through the process to research, write, optimize, publish, and promote their own article to begin building a portfolio of work.
6 hours of live training **plus homework**
After the Bootcamp ends on April 24th, participants are eligible for 1 month of ongoing, ad hoc mentorship from experienced digital professionals. Participants are encouraged to inform potential employers about the mentorship arrangement, which lessens the risk for employers and allows less experienced candidates to move into new roles with the confidence of having a mentor behind them.
Free for candidates accepted to the program.
Note: The Bootcamp doesn’t help directly with job placement. The training content and schedule may change according to the needs of participants as global health and economic circumstances evolve.
The cohort will be limited in size depending on volunteer availability.
- Have internet access and a computer to work from
- Have the ability to attend video conferences in PST timezone
- Be able to commit to live, hands-on training sessions of 1 hour each plus homework
- Be interested in working in copywriting, marketing, content production, and digital media
- Be willing to engage with other participants and actively support their peers with feedback
- Submit an application (see below)
How to apply
Applications are now closed.
The deadline to apply was Tuesday, April 7th at 11:59pm EST.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!