Content is king. But producing it can feel like a chore without the right tools. As content creators, we know that you can create high-quality assets in every tool imaginable, from Google Docs to Microsoft Word, Spreadsheets, Slides, or Adobe Photoshop.
However, using dedicated content creation software helps you simplify every step in your creation process – planning and strategy, researching, ideation, creation, editing, uploading, publishing, and promoting.
Read my review to discover the best content creation software for media companies in 2022. My review includes a brief description and a screenshot of every tool that made the list, along with a comparison chart so you can determine which tool would benefit your organization the most.
Here’s the list of the best tools that I’ll cover in this article.
- Ceros Studio
- Adobe Creative
What do I look for when I select the best content creation tool? Here’s a summary of my evaluation criteria:
- User Interface (UI): I look for software that offers a clean interface, so your team doesn’t waste time searching for the right features or functionalities.
- Usability: I look for tools that make your content creation process easier, not more complicated. Your team members should be able to use most of the tool’s features after going through a brief training session.
- Integrations: I look for software that integrates with popular apps, so you can integrate it into your current tech stack.
- Value for $: I look for tools that help you simplify multiple steps in your content creation process, so you get the most of it.
Content Creation Solution: Key Features
- Automation: The content creation process is complex and sometimes difficult. The software should enable you to automate certain aspects of your process so you can save time.
- Templates & Guidelines: Branded content should always be on-brand. The content creation tool should enable you to create templates or establish guidelines so your team doesn’t have to do the same things over and over again.
- Content Editing: An asset usually passes through several edits before publishing, so the software should make this process easy.
- Communication & Collaboration: The software should help your team members communicate and collaborate to create great assets. Ideally, the collaboration should take place in real-time.
Indie Media Club is reader-supported. We may earn a commission when you click through links on our site — learn more about how we aim to stay transparent.
Overviews Of The 10 Best Content Creation Software Solutions
Here’s a brief description of each content creation app to showcase each tool’s best use case, some noteworthy features, and screenshots to give a snapshot of the user interface.
1. LucidPress – Simplify your visual content creation process with templates
Lucidpress is a visual content creation tool that helps teams create visuals without a professional graphic designer. The software enables you to create branded templates for your organization so your visuals always have the same look and feel. So instead of reinventing the wheel every time a project comes up, your team can rely on pre-approved templates that work.
The best thing about using this software is how well it simplifies the graphic design creation process. The templates it offers are easy to implement and customize, and you can use them to create every kind of visual asset – cover images, posters, flyers, postcards, leaflets, and magazines.
Lucidpress integrates with multiple tools, including Adobe InDesign, Google Sheets, MS Excel, digital asset management (DAM) solutions, and print portals.
Lucidpress costs from $10/user/month. The platform also offers a free-forever version.
2. Joomag – Create, edit, and distribute digital content from a central location
Joomag is a digital publishing platform that helps teams create, distribute, and measure the engagement of their content marketing. The solution enables you to create your own digital publication from scratch or with the help of templates.
The highlight of this software is its content creator. The creator offers a lot of editing tools and options, so you can customize your product to perfection. In addition, the editing process is collaborative, so multiple users can change and adjust the asset before publishing.
Joomag integrates with a variety of tools, including Zapier, Mailchimp, Salesforce, HubSpot, Pardot, Marketo, Google Drive, and Dropbox.
Joomag costs from $50/month. You can access a free demo.
3. Ceros Studio – Improve your digital content creation with no-code interactions
Ceros Studio is a content creation platform that helps teams build engaging content without coding. The software allows multiple users to optimize the same assets in real-time, so you can speed up your creation process.
One of the best things about using this solution is that it gives you unlimited creative freedom over your assets. You can drag and drop content from websites, access stock photo libraries, and create interactions between different elements of your asset without writing code or losing functionality.
Ceros Studio integrates with dozens of apps, including Google Analytics, WordPress, Pinterest, Shopify, Instagram, Soundcloud, and Snapchat.
Ceros Studio offers customized pricing upon request. You can access a free demo.
4. Zoomforth – Build immersive websites that offer great customer experiences
Zoomforth is a no-code website builder platform that helps teams create mobile-friendly websites with a simple drag-and-drop editor. The platform makes it easy to customize your website for immersive customer experiences and track your user engagement.
Zoomforth’s platform has a clean design that’s easy to navigate and offers good support. It helps you deploy microsites without having to contact professional developers or designers. The software’s analytics enable you to understand how your audience interacts with your website and create reports you can present to clients or stakeholders.
Zoomforth integrates with many tools, including MS PowerPoint, Google Calendar, Teamup, and Calendly.
Zoomforth offers custom pricing upon request. You can access a free demo.
5. Adobe Creative Cloud – Design everything with a variety of content creation tools
Adobe Creative Cloud is a collection of over 20 content creation apps from Adobe, including hugely popular ones like Adobe Spark, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Photoshop. The platform offers unlimited access to all of these tools, so you can design and edit everything from posters to websites that use interconnected elements or Hollywood movies.
While this suite of tools is ideal for those who want to create visual content, it can help with other assets as well, such as podcasts or marketing content.
The best thing about Adobe CC is that it offers you all the tools you need to produce impressive assets. You can edit photos or videos for your Instagram Story, create visual assets for your websites, make vector-based animation, design user experiences, and manage your assets from a centralized location.
Adobe Creative Cloud integrates with many popular apps, including monday, Asana, Google Suite, and Smartsheet.
Adobe Creative Cloud costs from $54.99/month. You can access a 30-day free trial.
6. Cleverstory – Create interactive content with a no-code solution
Cleverstory is a content creation tool that enables teams to impress their audiences with interactive content. The software helps you produce every asset you need in a digital marketing campaign, from gated content to landing pages and social media content.
The highlight of using this app is that you don’t have to be a graphic designer or web designer to produce your assets. You can come up with a content strategy, find inspiration and build a content library, and turn your content ideas into reality with only one tool.
Cleverstory integrates with multiple tools, including HubSpot, Pipedrive, Salesforce, and Klenty.
Cleverstory costs from $950/month. You can access a free demo.
7. Semrush – Identify content improvement opportunities and optimize your assets for SEO
Semrush is one of the world’s most popular online visibility management solutions. The platform helps teams improve their marketing strategy by auditing their existing blog content and finding optimization opportunities.
This solution is ideal for those who want to improve their inbound marketing efforts and produce quality content for their target audience. The software’s content analytics help you understand what your competition is doing, what your audience is interested in, and how to create great content for each customer segment. In addition, its writing assistant helps you optimize your written content so it will rank better in search engines.
Semrush integrates with a variety of tools, including Google Analytics, Google Ads, Google Search Console, WordPress, Trello, Zapier, and social media networks.
Semrush costs from $119.95/month. You can access a free-forever version with limited capabilities. You can also access a 7-day trial.
8. GatherContent – Collaborate with team members to create stellar content
GatherContent is a content operations platform that enables your team to plan, create, organize, and manage content across multiple channels. This solution helps you build collaborative creation workflows, so multiple team members can work on every asset in real-time.
One of the great things about GatherContent is the way it organizes your files. As a content marketer, you have the ability to build different content structures in good time, and present these structures to clients or stakeholders in a logical way.
GatherContent integrates with various apps, including MS Word, Google Spreadsheets, WordPress, Drupal, Slack, and Sitecore.
GatherContent costs from $1,069/year. You can access a 14-day trial.
9. ContentStudio – Use automation to schedule your social media posts ahead of time
ContentStudio is a content marketing and social media management tool that helps teams increase their organic reach on multiple channels. The platform enables you to create and customize content for all your social media networks from a central location.
ContentStudio helps you save time with automation. You can create custom queues and schedule social posts based on their content category. The platform’s content calendar enables you to preview what your posts will look like on different channels, so you can make adjustments if necessary.
ContentStudio integrates with multiple solutions, including Google My Business, WordPress, Shopify, Webflow, and every popular social media platform.
ContentStudio costs from $25/user/month. You can access a 14-day trial and book a demo.
10. Writer – Improve your creation process with custom editorial guides that are easy to follow
Writer is an AI writing assistant that enables teams to create editorial guides and scale their content production. The software makes it easy to create assets that are clear and consistent, and share them across your marketing channels.
The best thing about this solution is its editorial customization. This feature enables you to create detailed voice and style guides that are easy to follow, so it’s ideal for teams that rely on external writers or freelancers to create assets.
Writer integrates with Chrome, Google Docs, MS Word, Outlook, and Figma.
Writer costs from $11/user/month. You can access a free 30-day trial. The software also offers a free-forever version with limited capabilities.
Here are a few more that didn’t make the top list.
- Vidlab – Video content editor designed to help iPhone users.
- Canva – Visual content creation tool for digital design assets.
- Pixlr – Visual content creator for inexperienced designers.
- Grammarly – AI-powered writing assistant for content creation.
- Hemingway Editor – Writing assistant that helps you create editorial guidelines for written digital content creation.
- Izitext.io – Content creation tool that helps you turn speech to text.
- Apester – Content creator tool that enables you to build interactive narratives for your audience.
- Involve.me – Personalization tool that helps you make engaging content.
- Ion Interactive – Codeless customer experience tool that helps you create interactive content.
- Audacity – Open source solution that helps you edit and improve your audio content.
- GarageBand – Mobile app that helps you turn your phone into musical instruments.
- Zencastr – Cloud-based solution that helps you record guests and edit your podcasts.
Improve your content creation with dedicated software
You can create content in any tool, but using dedicated content software helps you save time and increase the quality of your assets. And in today’s business environment, when customers have these small devices that can find any kind of content in their pockets, putting out high-quality content is crucial if you want to expand your customer base.
As Jonas Muthoni, Founder & CEO at Deviate Agency, full-service creative marketing and software agency, said:
“Content is evolving from something that brands push to customers into a tool where brands influence customers to create content for them. It will be fascinating to watch how content marketing continues to progress in the future, with more opportunities in the marketplace than ever before. Digital channels are growing exponentially, and some that are going to be popular in 2030 probably don’t even exist yet.
Brands that want to succeed with content marketing need to embrace a multichannel approach, keep up with trends and remain responsive.”
So even though it may seem like a hassle, investing in content creation and management software can help drive your brand to the next level.
If you’re interested in learning more about content creation and indie media topics from industry leaders, subscribe to the Indie Media Club newsletter.
Related List of Tools: Online Publishing Platforms For Digital Publishers
Also Worth Checking Out: Content Distribution Software To Reach Your Target Audience